Borromean Rainbow Rings © Louise Mabbs 2007
I am scheduled to do a workshop on my Borromean Ring Sculptures at the above conference in London next weekend.
The Borromean Rings started as a pagan symbol but early Celtic Christians adapted it to represent the Trinity – Creator (Father), Saviour (Son) and Spirit (Holy Spirit) . Just as if you take one ring out, the whole unit collapses, the Trinity cannot exist without the 3 aspects of God being in unity. Not a perfect depiction but just about the best I have come across visually.
- We will start mini versions of about 6″ squared based on the larger version I made in 2007 as part of an exhibition of Celtic Knot work I did for an exhibition on Lindisfarne
- I will explain how the rings work
- I will bring other ring designs along for you to see
Please click on the link below to see the original conference. Sadly the numbers signing up have been disappointing so it has been slimmed down. See their website for updates. On Sunday there is the choice of
- Dancing The Vesica Piscis with Susan Kelly
- Drawing The 8-year Cycles of Venus with Alex Murrell
- Sewing The Borromean Rings with me (Louise Mabbs)
PLEASE SIGN UP STRAIGHT AWAY otherwise the event is liable to be cancelled or postponed. You might like to register your interest anyway with the organisers, in the event that it doesn’t go ahead next weekend and is deferred till a more suitable date